April saw me back at The Nutcracker Wedding Venue – this time to make Kelly and Johan’s dream of a South African wedding come true! Kelly had brought out various silver tea and coffeepots from the UK and we used these as the central theme for her flower arrangements. Thanks to the tireless planning of Mum, Jenny, this wedding was a huge success!
Kelly and Johan – it was a privilege meeting you both! May the love that you have for one another blossom as you embark on the next chapter of your lives together.
Please refer to the photo gallery for the finished look.
Lindi and Coenraad chose to get married at The Nutracker and wanted a soft, feminine, sophisticated yet ‘country-style’ ambiance to their wedding. This was achieved through the use of the stunning silver-ware at various heights and through the choice of flowers.
Lindi en Coenraad – dit was n voorreg om julle blomme te doen! Ek wens vir julle net voorspoed toe in julle huwelik!
I was asked to provide sophisticated country-style flowers to compliment this charming venue. The flowers were to be soft with a romantic, rustic feel. This is what we did;
- The bride’s choice of flowers was orchids for sophistication which we used in combination with delphiniums and alstoemeria ( old-fashioned, yet romantic-style flowers)
- The use of glass vases which allowed the flowers to hold their own in terms of beauty
- Wrapping some of the vases with antique lace and rustic twine
- Being generous with the arrangements and adding different heights on the tables to compliment the high ceilings of the venue
- Using candelabras for additional height and softening them with moss to add a romantic, vintage look
- Corsages were made with a single white rose and wrapped in hessian – again to marry the two themes